I am really getting bad at posting. This new job is making it more difficult. Well, better get caught up!

So back to the story.

I signed my relinquishment papers at the hospital just before getting release. I didn’t tell George. When we went home, I told him I was leaving and my mom was taking me home. I needed more time with my baby. So I actually got a hotel room to have some one on one time with him. My mom dropped me off, and got me all settled. I was alone with my baby. I savored every second of it. No one to share him with, just me and him. I took pictures, and just snuggled him.

George wanted me to go see him and bring the baby. He didn’t understand that I had just had major surgery, and wasn’t about to drive out to see him. He was angry. His mother was angry, they started calling me incessantly. I left him a VM and told him about the placement and that I intended to do it that weekend.

At the advise of my counselor I turned my phone off. People that needed to get in touch with me knew where I was. I didn’t want him ruining my last few moments with my baby. I am sure people will be angry with me for not letting him have more time, but I had to do it that way. He was very volatile, and I never knew what he was going to do. I didn’t want to risk anything, my baby’s safety included.

Come Sat afternoon, I was a little lonely by myself and it seemed to be making things harder. Placement wasn’t until Sunday, so I called my Mom and she came and got me. We spend Saturday afternoon at home loving on my baby for the last time.

Sunday came. We went to placement. This placement was completely different than all the others. I had been through enough. I was still angry, and still didn’t want to go through with it. Deep down I knew I needed to do it, but that didn’t make it any easier.

I remember the actual placement. I placed him and then got a hug and had to leave. I didn’t linger. I left and lost it. I was in pieces. I felt like the remainder of my heart had just been ripped out.

I was bitter, I was angry, and I was hurt. I had lost my only chance at being a mother.

I remember driving down the road a few days later, and just staring out the window hating everyone around me. I didn’t want comfort from any of my family, friends, anyone. I wanted the darkness I felt inside to go away. I was in a very, very bad place. my heart was black. I can vividly remember the anger I felt. The darkness inside me was real. There was no love.

It took me a long time to get over that. I decided to get back to the gym. I started working out. That really seemed to help. I lost all the baby weight and then some. But I also wasn’t really eating much. I was borderline anorexic.

I slowly tried to get back out there. Be with friends, and maybe even start trying to date.

All the while, George was trying to pull all the cards he had, not knowing that I held more than he did. He told me he wanted all the baby stuff I had back. I told him I would be happy to give it back to him, but I wanted all the house stuff or payment for keeping the house stuff. It seemed to shut him up really quickly.

Remember I was still on title for his car. I decided to not be a jerk, I sent him a bill of sale, and the title signed over to him, then cancelled registration on it. Didn’t want it in my name. I was also the one that had gotten the satellite TV. So, I called them up and suspended the account to shut it off. Poor guy didn’t have TV anymore.

He called me one day telling me he needed my address so his attorney could serve me papers for illegally placing my baby. I kind of freaked out. I started to give it to him. My mom stopped me, and told me to call my councilor. I called her, she told me to under no circumstances give it to him. If his attorney couldn’t find me, then he could call me and get it. So I called him back and told him that. He wasn’t happy. I think he was just going to try to come to the house and harass me. See he had no idea where my parents lived, and they weren’t listed in the phone book. That was one of the best things that could happen to me. He couldn’t find me. All he knew was that I lived up north.

About 3 months after placement, his mother texted me and asked for pictures. I told her I would put a CD together and send it to her. The next day my councilor called me saying that someone had called the company attorney and said that a baby was illegally placed for adoption and gave the date of my adoption. They knew exactly who it was. It was George’s mother. I decided to send her a picture, as well as a letter telling her and George that I would no longer be contacting then, and I expected the same in return.

I am happy to announce that almost 9 years later, and I still haven’t heard a word from them!

Next up….Dating….


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s